Friday, April 6, 2012

34 weeks: Showers and Car Seat Fun

At our last doctor's appointment (Monday), we were told that Lil Monty is growing in the 40th percentile range which is, quote, "perfect". He measured at almost 5 pounds (4 pounds, 13 ounces to be exact) and about 17 inches long. His head, of course, is measuring about 3 weeks bigger than the rest of his body. Oh hooray for that. But at least he's growing and seems to be thriving! :) He's starting to invade my rib space.

I'll be having another shower this weekend! A group of ladies who know Ryan from his childhood decided they wanted to throw me a shower even though they don't know me. Very sweet :)

I'm also hosting a baby shower for my friend Rachael next Saturday. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've never done anything like this before so I'm kind of clueless about how to host a baby shower and I've only ever been to my own showers....but I think it will be great! Rachael is having a girl so it should be a nice and dainty and pretty shower.

I went today to get the car seat inspected by the fire station so that we know we installed it correctly. Way too many rules about car seats these days but the fireman said we probably know more about installing car seats than the people who inspect them at the hospital. So I'm not quite as worried about them telling us we did it wrong and then not letting us bring Lil Monty home.

Picture update:



No comments:

Post a Comment