Friday, November 4, 2011

12 weeks: Baby bump? Not so much.

I haven't gained much weight..in fact, I've lost some. However, there have been many, many, many requests for "baby bump" pictures. But, Lil Monty (although theBump.com tells me is the size of a plum today) is choosing not to take up much space yet.

But, in response to the overwhelming requests, here are some pre-bump pictures.

9 weeks

I'm tryin!

10 weeks

12 weeks. Ryan didn't tell me my sweater was all messed up....but rest assured there is still nothing to see!

Sometimes I think I'm getting a bump but then I remember I just ate dinner and I'm just stuffed :).

By the way, the word "bump" is weird to describe this kind of thing.  Sounds like some sort of tumor or mass that's not supposed to be there. Under no other circumstance would someone requesting to see pictures of my "growing bump" be appropriate. But it's the popular buzz word so I'll use it.

My next appointment is next Friday (a week from today). So far so good at the doctor. I'm actually seeing a midwife at a mixed practice. Not sure why I decided to go that route but since it's a mixed practice, I can switch to a doctor at any time if my pregnancy becomes high risk or if I just feel like it. Also, it's not a midwife like "give birth under water while everyone sings campfire songs" kind of midwife. She's very normal, well trained, has real certification and education, and can do everything a doctor can do except surgery. I'll be delivering in a hospital just like I would with a doctor and I'll have all the medical equipment and expertise I need surrounding me if I need it. If I don't need it, great! Lower hospital bill :)

Ok bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment