Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's official: I'm a moron

Is pregnancy brain real or a myth? Well, I can tell you first hand now that it is real. I was skeptical but there have been far too many "Did I really just do/say that?" moments in the past week that it seems only fair to blame it on Lil Monty.

1. Still haven't found my deodorant. I probably threw it away because I thought that's where it belonged. Hopefully I won't do this with more valuable things.

2. I've backed the car out twice into the grass. Bear in mind, our driveway is straight. Then, in an effort to avoid the grass the third time, I concentrated very hard to stay in the driveway but ended up running my sideview mirror into the side of the garage. So now it's like taking a test every time I back out of the garage...it requires way too much concentration and discipline.

3. Sunday I started a crock pot of cheesy potato soup. I turned it on and timed it perfectly so it would be ready for dinner before church that night. I came back to check on it an hour and a half later to find that I had never plugged it in. Needless to say, it wasn't ready in time for dinner.

4. The other night Ryan used the word "consummate" in a sentence. I proceeded to make fun of him because I thought he misspoke and meant to say a different word. I said "Consummate? Really?" and he looked at me like I was crazy, assuring me that was the correct word to use. Then, I realized that I was in fact the idiot thinking that consummate referred to a type of diplomat. Like the Chinese Consummate. Or Consulate. Same thing in my mind.

5. I submitted a rebate to Ace Hardware online. After I submitted it, I decided I'd done something wrong so I called Ace Customer Service to fix what I had messed up. Toward the end of our conversation I realized that I had actually done it right but I continued to pretend I'd done it wrong on the phone in order to save face with the Ace rep. Not a huge deal but a big waste of time!

So to all of my friends at VSRP who think they miss me working there, count it a blessing that I'm not assisting in surgery or responsible for patient care anymore. There would be some messed up overdosed dogs walking around.

Speaking of dogs, Grover is currently at the vet. I had to drop him off this morning to be sedated and have an impacted anal gland expressed and flushed. In the past he's been a champ and lets this stuff happen without sedation but he's just too painful this time around. The vet was chaos this morning (as I guess most are first thing) with dogs being dropped off for daycare and other things. Grover cried more than I've ever seen him cry, especially when a few dogs started barking at him while he was trying to be friends. The staff seems nice and knowledgeable enough. We'll see how it goes. Probably won't be able to pick him up till 2 or so. Sad day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment