Saturday, November 26, 2011

15 weeks: Perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before?

On Thursday morning, I noticed a pretty bird outside the window so I said "Hey Ryan, look, there's a pretty bird outside the window." Next thing we knew, there were a BUNCH of birds outside our window. Our backyard went from desolate to Snow White's forest in about 2 seconds. We suddenly had 2 woodpeckers, 4 blue jays, 2 robins, a lonesome dove, and a couple squirrels. We watched them for quite a while - they were squabbling and being mean to each other so it was very entertaining.

The 'pretty bird' that started it all. Stolen from Google.

Thursday afternoon, we went to Ryan's parents to eat Thanksgiving food. Skyped with Randa. Ate too much.

Friday I had to bite the bullet and take Grover to the vet. Oh how it pains me to pay full price for vet care. I noticed on Wednesday that he had some bruising around his bottom parts and upon investigation noticed he had an impacted anal gland. Soooo, since I couldn't get that concrete out of there by myself I had to take him in. Once I was there, they couldn't get it either without him screaming bloody murder (poor dog...) so we opted to abort mission that day and I will be bringing him back next week to be sedated so they can do it a bit more peacefully..and hopefully less painfully since he'll be drunk.

Today, Poppa came over to help Ryan install a new power outlet in the basement. We are moving the office down there so that the current office can start turning into Lil Monty's room.

We also watched the NC State - Maryland game. It was on local TV here for some reason! At the half, State was down 41-14 and I was tired so I went to take a little power nap. Shortly thereafter, Ryan kept interrupting my slumber to tell me "State just scored." and " State just scored again." Once State had rallied 41-35, I got back up to watch the rest of the game. I'm glad Ryan kept watching because State won 56-41 - held the Terps to their halftime score and scored 35 unanswered points. Now they get to go to a bowl!

Here is a week 15 picture. I think you can see a little somethin going on here...maybe. I don't know.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Rach, we really were made to be best friends...I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter when it was 41-14, woke up several times to Philip & Dad screaming (and "shushed them" 1 or 2 times because I thought they were yelling at State playing terrible). I finally woke up all the way (completely confused) and blinked to see that the score was 41-35 (WHAAAAT?!!), and contined to watch the rest of the game...what a great way to end the season!! :) Love you. (and your itty-bitty baby bump)

    ReplyDelete