Monday, November 14, 2011

The FAQ's

Here are some questions you might have for me because it seems like everyone has them! I thought I'd just answer the most popular ones all in one spot...


How are you feeling?
First trimester I felt pretty poopy. Just a lot of nausea and feeling flu-ish. At first it was only for a couple hours in the afternoon and then it increased to all day everyday. I never actually vomited - just an overall feeling of sick. Probably the worst part of it all was my aversion to food - I would literally make a meal because I thought it sounded good and by the time it was ready, I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Brought me to tears once :) Now that I'm in the second trimester, I don't really have any of that going on. However, I'm still not 100% on wanting to eat a lot. I hope that passes soon..it's really annoying being this picky! Not to mention, hungry!

When are you due?
May 18 or so.

When do you find out the gender and do you want to know?
We find out at 20 weeks (around New Years-ish) and um, YEAH we want to know. We are far too scheduled and planned to leave that kind of thing a surprise. But, if you read my last post, there is a chance they won't be able to tell us and we'll be forced to wait. But, if the doctor can know, we want to know, and then you'll know. :) Be sure to vote on what you think Lil Monty will be!

What names are you thinking about?
We have thrown around a few names but aren't really getting excited about anything until we find out the gender. Also, we aren't sure we'll be sharing the name before Lil Monty is here because we don't want anyone to make us feel bad about our choice. For example:

Person: What name did you pick?
Me: Gertrude Horace Montgomery. We love it!
Person: **stares blankly and blinks a lot because they want to be nice and say they love it too, but they obviously don't and don't want to hurt our feelings so they force a smile** oh, that's...unique.

Or even better, the person who is comfortable telling you that that name is terrible and we should choose a different one.

You see? Why would we want to set ourselves up for that? It's better if we've chosen a name, it's on the birth certificate, and no one can say or do anything about it!

Are you excited?
Well, at first, I was like:








But as the weeks go on, I'm getting more and more excited. Still very much overwhelmed by the thought of raising a child but fortunately I am married to a great man who has been super supportive and helpful and I'm sure that will continue once Lil Monty is here.

Is Ryan excited?
Of course.

Is Grover excited? How do you think he'll do with the baby?
I don't think Grover has any clue anything is different. They say some dogs can sense the pregnancy and become super protective and awesome...well, Grover has not shown any of these tendencies. He's a great dog but I don't know how sensitive he is to this type of thing.

With that said, we don't suspect he'll have any issues with Lil Monty at all. He's not a terribly jealous dog and he is about as tolerant of getting his eyes poked, ears pulled, pushed around, food and toys taken away, etc as they come. Our only concern is that he is 70lbs of hyper so he may accidentally knock a child over or scratch them...but that is something we'll just have to be on alert for all the time. So much for leaving the infant alone with Grover to babysit while I go to the store...



If there are other questions, let me know...I'll add them. I'm sure I've forgotten some.

No comments:

Post a Comment