Thursday, May 26, 2011

Update on Apartment Life

Dryer Situation
I fixed the dryer! This is how I did it:

Step 1: Stare at it.
Step 2: Turn dial from "Normal heat" to "Medium heat".
Step 3: Witness the magic of repair.

My thought process was "Maybe just THIS heat setting is broken..." so I switched it to a different one and it the heat started working again. Then I switched it back to the original one, and that one works too now. Go figure!


Flooding Situation
Since Saturday when this all happened, there has been a maintenance person here everyday but Sunday I think.

Saturday: Flood occurs. Guy #1 shuts off the water. Guy #2 unclogs the sewer line. Guy #3 comes to suck up the water and clean the carpets.
Sunday: Maintenance day of rest?
Monday: Guy #1 comes back - shows up at 4:30 to replace the seal under the toilet, works until 5:00 and says he'll have to finish tomorrow because it's 5:00 and he's done working for the day. *Inefficiency alert* Just come on Tuesday at a reasonable time to complete the job in one day. But I digress...
Tuesday: Guy #1 comes back - finishes sealing the toilet. Bathroom smells awful so Girl #1 (me) disinfects entire bathroom and the smell goes away :) I also get a call that Guy #3 is coming back on Wednesday to clean the carpets and they ask what time works best for me. I say "The morning please!".
Wednesday 11:55am: No Guy #3. No phone call. Nothing. I'm so glad I was able to not run the many errands I need to run and that I can continue to wait for Guy #3 to come when he so desires.

In other news, I did get a knock on the door today. I answered it with Grover in hand and was surprised to see a police man. He looked surprised too. I had to speak first. The conversation went something like:
Me: What's going on?
Po: You're not Kimberly.
Me: Nope. *Really? Those are your first words to me Professional Law Enforcer?*
Po: Did you just move in to this apartment?
Me: Somewhat recently, yes. Why?
Po: Have any of Kimberly's friends come by?
Me: No.
Po: And you just moved in? Like when?
Me: *No response because this is weird.*
Po: I mean, you don't have to tell me an exact date. But like, after February?
Me: Yes, it was sometime after February. If you need to find Kimberly, you should go to the office, they probably have a forwarding address.
Po: Oh do you know Kimberly?!
Me: No! And you are starting to freak me out.
Po: I don't mean to scare you, there was just an incident in this apartment a few months ago and I ran into Kimberly recently at an unrelated event so I was coming by to see her.
Me: *Insert some sort of look of judgment and confusion.*
Po: So none of her friends have come by?
Me: No. *Insert more looks of judgment and growing irritation with weird cop*
Po: Well if they do, you have him *points to Grover* to take care of you.
Me: That's true. Ok bye.

Aaaaaand double dead bolt.

Perhaps Po is seeking some non-work related interaction with said Kimberly? Hence his confusion, seeming lack of control of the situation he put himself in by coming here, and his suspicious questions. Then I saw him asking another man outside some questions. Well Po, I hope you find her. This is what great romance movies are made of. Girl murders boyfriend in apartment, Po responds to the scene, falls in love with the misunderstood yet violent-natured girl, she then disappears and he searches for her the rest of his life.The End.

Ok, I must get back to waiting around for the carpet guy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry... until I read your comments about romance movies... I was a bit nervous and then... I laughed so hard, Wesley shot up from his nap to see why I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard...
    You always were a good writer in school. Ya might want to give it a thought again...
    Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete