Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ok ok, I'm a bad blogger

Many of you like to point out that I have not updated the blog in a long time. My excuse always goes something like "Well, nothing blog-worthy has happened." But, in response to the numerous complaints and despite the fact that nothing blog worthy has happened, I'll just blog about ordinary things :).

Ryan:
Ryan is still my husband and I still love him a lot. I would even go so far as to say that I like him. :) He works super hard - gets up about 4:30 everyday and gets home about 6:00.

Grover:
Grover is still my dog and he is still driving us nuts. We love him (although Ryan would never admit that) but Grover's little bottom is just so much trouble! He still screams bloody murder when he has a bowel movement so I am attacking the situation from 3 angles:
#1 Topical steroid - everyone likes to make fun of me for gloving up and tending to my dog's butt. Well, you all just wish you were as brave and dedicated as me to daily venture into the no-no zone. He is my boy and a mama will do anything for her baby.
#2 We changed his food - a little birdie named Dr. Bud Keller DVM, DACVS once told me he thought Grover's bottom problems were stemming from a food allergy manifesting itself as a raw rectum. I rejected this idea because Grover is already on "special" expensive food and that would require "super special" expensive food. But we gave in - he was on a Chicken and Rice Sensitive Stomach diet. Now he's on a Grain-Free Venison diet. About $2 a pound for this stuff............we'll see. Except now, the grain-free (which boasts of firming their stool) is firming his stool! And this is a problem because he needs his stool to be soft.........sense the aggravation. Which leads us to #3...
#3 Stool softener - So to counter the stool-firming agents in his new expensive food I'll be giving him stool softeners.

That's a lot of poop talk for one paragraph about one dog.

Work:
I celebrated my one month anniversary with Mary Kay a few days ago. I'm really enjoying it now! Got off to a rocky start....but it is slowly picking up pace and the flexibility of the schedule is still making me so happy! It's much easier to get things done when you make your own schedule!

Living Quarters:
We are still in the apartment, slowly saving to buy a house by the winter. We were pretty happy here until we got some new neighbors upstairs. I'm sure they are great people and all but I also think they might be building small bombs and testing them at all hours of the day and night. It's hard to explain how noisy they are because we really can't even figure out what they are doing to make the noise they make. Our greatest hypothesis is that their kids are continually jumping off the back of the couch onto the floor, or perhaps they are bowling, or perhaps they have a pet kangaroo?

Whatever it is, they are noisy in a way I have never experienced before. This, of course, makes us even more ready to be in a house!

On the bright side, when their baby cries at 4 in the morning, it wakes me up too. I'm really glad I get to experience what that's like before I have a baby of my own to wake me up. If there were a sarcasm font, I would be using it.

So there you go people - hope you enjoyed that un-blogworthy post :). Sorry I don't update this more!! I'm just REALLY busy watching Friends Seasons DVDs between my Mary Kay appointments :).

1 comment:

  1. I miss you. And Friends DVDs are a good excuse for not blogging, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete