Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back from the ranch! Part 3

 Here are some pictures of Ryan and me shooting. Enjoy.

Handgun (Springfield XDM .40) - not my favorite...mostly because I only hit like one target in 16 rounds. :)




Pistol/Revolver (.22) - kinda fun. Felt like I was in an old western movie.


Rifle (.22) - this was my favorite. I hit lots of stuff :)


It got too heavy for me so I had to shoot like a 4 yr old shoots....wimp, I know
Somehow Ryan just looks so much more hard core than me when he shoots a gun. Probably because he knows what he's doing and I still have training wheels.

Ok so on our last walk before we left to come back to Denver :(, we took these pictures just down the road from the cabin. 



These are "mule deer" leaves because, well, they look like mule deer ears!

And finally, right before we hopped in the truck to head back to our car, we took this picture on the old dog house. 

The drive to and from the cabin is pretty cool. Going through the mountains was beautiful and on all the switchbacks you really get to see the landscape since you are only going 30mph. We didn't actually see any big wildlife (moose/elk) which was a bummer but our list of wildlife we did see would be:
1. Gophers
2. Ground squirrels
3. One chipmunk running across the road
4. Antelope
5. Deer
6. One porcupine
7. Bugs

We got back into Denver and did NOT want to turn our phones back on. I still don't want my phone to be on. I really appreciated the quiet and the simplicity of the cabin after we got back into town. There is just nothing like being totally disconnected from all things stressful and busy.

I want to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment