Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 26: Lots of babies around here!

So this week, we found out:

1. That our friends Steve and Rachael are having a girl! (she keeps a blog too, if you are interested.)

2. That our friends (who will for now go unnamed) are pregnant!

We are so excited to have friends here who are in the same stage of life that we are. We are ALL pregnant with our first baby. Lots of baby showers to be had in the next few months. So I'm due in May, Rachael is due in July, and Anonymous Until Further Notice is due in September.

I also found out that I was summoned to jury duty. However, I am summoned to a county I don't live in and supposedly that means I don't have to go. I submitted the request to get out of it yesterday :). We'll see...

Lil Monty's room and personal possession acquisition is coming along nicely. We have everything but the glider in the room and got a car seat and mattress delivered this week. It's like Christmas! A very expensive Christmas..but nonetheless, it's fun to get packages in the mail. We also got our boxes of gifts from the shower in NC - it was fun to go through that stuff again and start finding places for it all!

My success story from the week happened yesterday. I bought a decently expensive skillet from Bed Bath and Beyond over a year ago. Within a few uses, it started to warp miserably for no apparent reason so I haven't been able to really use it since it sits all wonky on the burner. Then, I found out yesterday that BB&B takes back just about anything so I called them and told them the story: no box, no receipt, used it a few times. They said to come in and they would see what they could do. So in I went...and out I came with a lovely store credit and no more crappy pan. Now I can buy a new one! Hooray for that.

Just for fun, here is a little comparison. For Week 26, I have on the same clothes as Week 15 and 20. I guess I need more clothes...but my, how Lil Monty has grown hmmm?

15 weeks

20 weeks

26 weeks..yikes!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment