Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 22: A lot more kicks and a little more football!

This week I was laying on the couch feeling Lil Monty moving all around when I thought "He's kicking so hard I bet I could see it." So I looked down, and sure enough my entire belly was jumping each time he'd kick. Very cool to see that. He's getting more and more rambunctious...in fact, one night this week before bed, he wasn't kicking but I wanted Ryan to feel how hard he's moving these days so we woke Lil Monty up.

Cardinal mistake #1...never wake a sleeping baby.

Once Lil Monty was up and moving, he didn't stop until long after Ryan had rolled over to go to sleep...which meant I didn't go to sleep until long after Ryan had rolled over to go to sleep!

Here's the other thing: I couldn't feel the baby moving during the ultrasound, even when he was doing what looked to be squats and somersaults in there. So....what in the world IS he doing when I feel him and now when my whole belly moves?! Oh man...foreshadowing of energy to come? I think so.

We've gotten a couple of our first outfits for Lil Monty. This one was Ryan's pick and I'm pretty sure he would wear this if it was his size. Well, I'm not pretty sure, I know he would.



Oh the butt flap...too cute!


This one is from Aunt Randa in Turkey. I love it!! I think she bought this the day after we told her we were even pregnant! She sent it for Christmas and it got here on Monday. :)


Close up of the cuteness!!

 On a more serious note: On Saturday, do not attempt to contact me or Ryan from 6pm-10pm MST. Well, you can attempt it, but you will not be successful. The Broncos are playing a division playoff game against the Patriots. Our first game against the Patriots in the regular season ended quite poorly...hopefully this one will go a little better!!

And last but not least, the picture update:


And remember how I said Lil Monty is about 8 inches? Well, here's a visual:


Ok I'm off to date night with the husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment